office administrative assistant
Well established, family-owned boutique construction management and development consulting firm seeks highly organized, motivated individual to join our team.
This position requires a proactive individual with proven dependability, someone who is service oriented, is willing to continue their professional development, has an optimistic attitude, and great work ethic.
The Office Admin/Executive Assistant supports multiple executives and departments within the Southern Cross Property Consultants (SCPC) team and is organized, focused, and detail oriented. In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, a successful candidate must be a dependable self-starter who can quickly assimilate copious amounts of information and work with minimal direction and oversight on multiple projects simultaneously
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support at all levels of complexity for President, CFO, and
Business Development executive. May support other team members as time and
- Takes initiative to prioritize, monitor, follow up, and advise on the status of
pending items, schedules, deadlines, and requests.
- Sets up and coordinates meetings and appointments (in-person or via Teams, Zoom,
or other meeting platforms) as needed. May participate in meetings to create and
maintain a contemporaneous record, distribute meeting materials, and identify
deadlines and follow-up tasks.
- Prepares and compiles information and materials needed for meetings or as
- Upload and track ministerial and discretionary permit applications, from project
submittal to issuance in multiple jurisdictions (training provided).
- Assist with records, zoning, and code research in multiple jurisdictions (training
- Assist in office administration by entering data into Quickbooks, tracking and
ordering office supplies, and coordinating with building janitorial and maintenance
- Composes correspondence on own initiative regarding administrative matters.
- Formats and prepares documents using MS Word and Excel.
- Arranges for proper approvals for documents.
- Handles, processes, and maintains proprietary and/or confidential data.
- Develops and documents office and administrative procedures for assigned
- Maintains files, correspondence, and reports to facilitate retrieval.
- Communicates with high level contacts within and outside the Company including
industry partners and customers.
- Perform record keeping, administrative, and office support tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a professional office environment; development, construction, real estate, or architecture office experience is a plus.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to learn additional software programs as required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and great customer service.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must have a sense of humor and like dogs.
- Compensation, competitive benefits, and work schedule/hours negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Hybrid work environment (ability to infrequently work remotely)
Principals only. No recruiting agencies. No phone calls.
Send resume with salary requirements and cover letter describing why you’re interested in this position to: email@example.com
Applicants who do not follow the above process will not be considered. Southern Cross Property Consultants is a boutique construction management and development consulting firm. SCPC is a fast paced, collaborative work environment where the emphasis is placed on quality, results, and client & employee satisfaction.
Since our founding in 2002, we have many repeat clients and much of our work comes from client referrals. Our team members’ collectively have decades of experience on a wide variety of project types.
More information on the company can be found at www.southerncrosspc.com