Southern Cross Property Consultants, a boutique construction management and architecture firm working primarily with nonprofit, volunteer led organizations is seeking an Assistant Preconstruction Manager to join our Operations team in San Diego. This organized and customer focused individual will support our team in all aspect of preconstruction. In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, a successful candidate must be a self-starter and able to work independently as a representative of our clients and our company on a variety of construction and consulting projects.
Our dependable and optimistic Assistant Preconstruction Manager utilizes a strong attention to detail while representing the interest of both the client and the company on a variety of projects and project types. His/her duties include: obtaining permits, developing and modifying drawings, architectural research and analysis, develop and prepare bid documents, perform bid analysis, research laws, codes and statutes, assist in property evaluations, and performing recordkeeping, administrative, and office support tasks.
Besides a strong work ethic and a passion for customer service this individual should have:
– Bachelor or Master degree in architecture or Civil Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
– 1 – 3 years of work experience in architecture, facilities management and/or construction (internship experience is acceptable),
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up and Illustrator
– Experience with creating and modifying plans and specifications
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation, benefits and work schedule are negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
We were honored with a Small Business Award for our Customer Service. We earned this award by taking our jobs seriously, not ourselves. Any multi-tasking, go-getter that wants to join our team must have a sense of humor and like dogs. To be considered, don’t call us, simply send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.